“Our product development team get a lot of use out of the UPAN, it gets a hammering and it’s always ready to go. We are happy to recommend this product”
Marketing Manager – Hellers Ltd NZ
The unique design of the UPAN straightens the sausages when placed in the pan.
The cast iron then provides a whole heat that cooks the sausages evenly in under 10 minutes.
The UPAN can be used for more than just sausages. Bacon, meatballs, lamb back ribs, mini spring rolls and our favourite Toad in the Hole all work well in the UPAN.
Using minimum oil for frying and being oven proof for that crisp brown batter with Toad in the Hole, makes the UPAN an essential item for any kitchen.
How long does it take to cook the sausages?
The UPAN takes between 9-10 minutes to cook the sausages fully once preheated. Watch our video comparing the different results between the UPAN and a traditional cast iron skillet here Pan vs UPAN
- ◄Apart from cooking sausages what else can you use the UPAN for ?
- The design of the UPAN concentrates the heat to a central point, which makes it ideal for cooking bacon and the curved surface will allow you to sear meatballs evenly all the way around. Watch our two videos on cooking Crispy Bacon and Meatballs
What is a seasoned cast iron coating and what happens if it gets damaged?
The seasoned finish on the UPAN is 100% flaxseed oil that is been heated to 800c. This bonds it to the cast iron to form a natural non-stick coating free off PFAS (poly-fluoroalkyl substances). For more information about seasoned cast iron cookware and how to repair and maintain the surface follow our blog here link How to clean and maintain your cast iron cookware
Do you ship internationally and what are the shipping times ?
All order are dispatched 7.30 am Mon to Saturday from Wellington New ZealandUsually our estimated shipping times to the UK are are as follows:
- NZ to the Heathrow 7 days
- For England add 1-2 days
- For Wales add 2-3 days
- For Scotland add 2-4 days
- For Northern Ireland add 4-6 Days
- For any other queries please check out our Shipping Policy
Can you use cast iron on an induction hob ?
The UPAN is solid cast iron and works well on induction hobs as well as
Its single piece cast iron construction means it can also be used
- Solid electric hobs
- Radiant ring elements
- Gas burners
- Ceramic cooktops
- In an oven
- On a bbq
- Over an open fire
Check out the UPAN being used on a gas element then straight into the oven when making Toad in the Hole
Are the UPAN packaging and shipping cartons recyclable?
- All our packaging is brown paper based and the shipping cartons are made specifically for the UPAN to minimise waste